Table of contents
- Assessing sustainability... a long long way from home
- Environmental impacts: can do better!
- Social impacts: terra incognita
- Let us dare to know a little more about our impacts!
Chapter 1. An alternative to life cycle CSR
Catherine Macombe & Alain Falque
- I. History of CSR
- II. How did CSR impose itself in LCA ta address social themes?
- III. Principles a,d outputs of life cycle CSR
- IV. Criticism of life CSR with regard to the LCA spirit
Chapter 2. Social life cycle assessment, for who and why?
Catherine Macombe & Denis Loeillet
- I. Who commissions a social LCA study? Towards empathy and omniscience
- II. The original contributions of social LCA
- III. The qualities required of social LCAs
- IV. The limits of social LCA
Chapter 3. The functioning of a social life cycle and the perimeters of the study
Catherine Macombe & Vincent Lagarde
- I. Defining the social life cycle
- II. Defining the functioning of the social life cycle
- III. Defining the spatial and temporal perimeters and the actors affected
Chapter 4. Social LCA and sustainable development
Pauline Feschet & Michel Garrabé
- I. What is development?
- II. Sustainable development as the reference model?
- III. The contribution of Amartya Sen
- IV. A development model: multiple capital
- V. Articulation of capitals and Capabilities
Chapter 5. A specific case: Capacities social LCA
Michel Garrabé & Pauline Feschet
- I. General problem set of capacities SLCA
- II. General principles of capacities SLCA
- III. Overall schedule of capacities SLCA
- IV. Identification of classes and sub-classe of capital
- V. Identification of classes of potential capacities eff ects (CPCE)
- VI. Identification and collection of internal information
- VII. Identification and collection of external information
- VIII. The diagnosis of Marginal Potential Capacity
- IX. Estimation of effective variations in potential capacity
- X. Agregation of PCE for the value chain and system indicators
- XI. Effective Potential Capacities and Real Capacities
Chapter 6. Social life cycle value chain analysis practices
Charles Gillet & Denis Loeillet
- a. SLCA for a value chain
- b. Note regarding the evaluator’s position
- I. Practice of problem definition
- II. Conducting the survey
- III. Articulation of the Multiple Capital Model and Economic Accounts
- Discussion and conclusion
Chapter 7. How can one predict social effects and impacts?
- I. Can one proceed in the same way as ELCA?
- II. Different types of pathways
- Contents of the book
- Summary of results per chapter and future research avenues
- ELCA pathways and social LCA pathways
- Message to our readers